Friday, October 21, 2011

Childbirth Class

I really wish I were posting about my awesome thank you cards, part 2 but silly me, I thought I had emailed myself the pics that I took and then I went and got a new phone only to find out that the pics were still on my old, now inactive phone and I have no way to get those pics so we'll just have to wait on those. I will say this though, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out.

Today I'll post about what we did last night. We had our very first childbirth class! It was class 1 in a series of 5-6, can't remember how many there are. I'm so happy that there were no videos our first night because honestly, I don't know if I would go back. I'd rather not watch the video. I have an idea of how it all works and I won't be asking for a mirror or anything of the sort while I'm trying to get EB out safely so I really, really don't want to watch the video. AND she's going to make us watch 2! Boy, oh boy. I really, really, really don't want to go to those 2 classes.

She did show us some pictures of what's going on in there and was nice enough to let us know that although EB is getting a kick out of kicking my bladder and causing me to instantly stand up to go to the bathroom (really, this has been his favorite thing to do all week.) the best is yet to come. Apparently my bladder will become as flat as a pancake at some point. Yippee. (Can you feel the sarcasm rolling off of that one word?)

The best part of the class though was when our coaches were learning to give us a back massage and DH, who was sitting behind me took that to mean rub my shoulders for a bit then reach around and start to play with his son. Huh, not quite the massage I was hoping for there. But at least he managed to stay up which, let me tell you, was a big concern when we got there. I knew pillows were bad. Can't wait to see what happens next week since we'll be laying side by side. All I know is, if he starts snoring, I'm looking for a new coach....after I sneak out.

1 comment:

  1. That seems like a lot of classes. We only had 2, thankfully. The videos at our class were ridic. Filmed in the 80s. They were classic.

    ReplyDelete